Secondbrain is a content aggregation platform with lifestreaming and networking functionality, where people can organize all their web content and bookmarks in personal content libraries. It’s a free service, only recently launched in public beta, but gaining in popularity because of its well designed user interface and its special features.
Secondbrain.com currently aggregates content from del.icio.us, digg, faves, StumbleUpon, blogger, metaweblog, WordPress, box, Google Docs, mindmeister, SlideShare, Zoho, flickr, Revver, Picasa, YouTube and Twitter.
With all these services in place, and a lot more to be added in the weeks to come, Secondbrain will soon be the most popular social aggregation destination on the Web. Unlike other services in the industry, that offer lifestreaming with some networking capabilities, Secondbrain aims to become the Web’s largest user generated content library. See Secondbrain’s unique features below:
- Secondbrain’s powerful search tool allows users to find content within the network’s already rich libraries and collections;
- Secondbrain lets users share their content with other Secondbrain users or via email and/or other networks. The end result is a new kind of Web collaborative system where one platform serves as an intermediary between content and people.
- Secondbrain is viral: users can follow other users and group updates, add friends and comment on bookmarks and content libraries.
- Secondbrain has global reach: as the user base and content library grows, SB will have a smart index of human-organized online content. The public Secondbrain library is open and easily indexed by popular search engines. This makes Secondbrain a powerful source of relevant content and creates value in the public domain.
- Secondbrain is collective: all public content from the personal libraries is aggregated into a collective library. Anybody can explore this library and smart algorithms will be applied to recommend content to people.
How Thumbshots Adds Value to Secondbrain’s UI?
Implementing Thumbshots technology for the Secondbrain platform was seamless and the results speak for themselves. Thumbhosts enhances Secondbrain.com aesthetically, with quality graphic representations of the indexed sites, without affecting Secondbrain.com’s page loading times. Social media users are visual people – they are attracted by images and high quality graphics. With Thumbshots, the visit length per visitor increases and so do the page loads per visitor and the click-through rates.
Secondbrain uses Thumbshots website screenshots to give its users more control over what links to click on by enabling to preview a page before clicking. This improves user experience and for the sites thus indexed in Secondbrain’s library this is also a valuable branding feature. Websites with good designs differentiate themselves from those with poor layouts, and receiving more clicks.
Thumbshots.org provides free Thumbshots or thumbnails of websites to over 1,000 websites including Infospace, CNET Search, AOL and Networksolutions.com. The Thumbshots.org Project (www.thumbshots.org) is a non-profit initiative that contributes back to the Internet community. Thumbshots.org aims to help websites improve adding website value and market their services.
Secondbrain is a content aggregation platform where people can organize all their web content and bookmarks in a personal library. Our mission is to help people manage their content and services while creating the biggest library of user generated content in the world.